Pancake Recipe - Buckwheat With Fruit and Vegetable Puree
I am allergic to wheat, but I can tolerate buckwheat well. This pancake recipe is made from a buckwheat pancake mix, any will do.
I use the recipe as listed below, but I change 3/4 cup of pancake mix to 1/2 cup of pancake mix and add 1/4 cup of my own fruit and vegetable puree. I also use a free range egg, 1/4 cup of milk instead of 1/2 cup (I use unsweetened coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk instead of cows milk). I use one tablespoon of organic unrefined coconut oil or one tablespoon of olive oil, and I use a 101 cooker (the kind sold on T.V. ads) to cook my pancakes in. I spray the cooker with olive oil and I divide the batter for the smallest amount of pancakes into the two sides.
For 6 - 8 pancakes on box - (two of mine)
In a bowl I add:
- 1/2 cup of pancake mix
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1/4 cup of fruit and vegetable puree
Mix all the ingredients together and cook in 101 cooker or on pancake griddle until done.
These pancakes are very healthy and very tasty! The texture is very moist and smooth. If I run out of the fruit and vegetable puree, I use part of a mashed banana or some kind of fruit mashed and add 1/4 cup of that mixture, but the fruit and vegetable puree is by far the best!
Hope you enjoy my favorite pancake recipe. Please feel free to add your comments. Until the next time -
Eat up and enjoy,
Nancy Fleck helps people with natural remedies helping the body to heal itself over time. Read about Yoga inversion and other journal success stories at her website [http://www.lifehealthremedies.com]
Article Source: EzineArticles.com
- The Secrets to Making Good Mulled Wine
- HUNGARIAN RIBBON DOUGHNUTS
- 6 Coffee Dessert Recipes That Will Make Your Mouth Water
- Which is Better, Red Wine or White Wine?
- 7 Delicious Strawberry Smoothie Recipes
- What About Bananas?
- How to Make a Perfect Grilled Chicken
- Pancake Recipe - Buckwheat With Fruit and Vegetable Puree
- Buckwheat Nutrition - A Useful Way to Remain Healthy
- NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF THESE 7 KEY FRUITS
- Taste of Hungary
- Party Sushi- How To Taste Sushi
- Sliced Chicken Recipe